Preparation Time: 20 minutes (plus thawing time if using frozen chicken)
Cooking Time: 55-60 minutes
1 Whole Boneless Chicken (950-1kg, fresh or thawed if frozen)
2 Tablespoons of Cooking Oil
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Prepare the Chicken:
If your chicken is frozen, be sure to transfer it from the freezer to the refrigerator 48 hours before you plan to cook it. 20 minutes before you begin preparing the chicken, take it out of the fridge to bring it to room temperature.
1) Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
2) Prepare the Vegetables: Quarter the carrots lengthwise and cut the other vegetables into roughly 1.5-inch pieces. Arrange them in a baking pan.
3) Drizzle the vegetables with a bit of cooking oil and season them to your liking.
4) Prepare the Chicken: Pat the chicken dry, season it generously with your preferred seasoning, and then place it on top of the seasoned vegetables.
5) Roast: Place the pan in the preheated oven and roast for around 55-60 minutes at 170 degrees Celsius, or until the chicken's internal temperature reaches approximately 68-70 degrees Celsius. As the chicken rests, it will continue cooking and reach the safe internal temperature for poultry (75 degrees).
6) Rest and Serve: Once the chicken is done, remove it from the oven and allow it to rest for 5 minutes. If the vegetables need more time, leave the pan in the oven.
7) Slicing: Gently remove the netting to preserve the seasoning, then slice the cooked chicken. Serve it alongside the roasted vegetables when they're ready.
After removing the vegetables, deglaze the pan on the stove with some stock. Add flour, season to taste, and mix to create a flavorful gravy for that extra touch of deliciousness.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.