Preparation Time: 20 minutes (plus thawing time if using frozen salmon)
Cooking Time: 18 minutes
- 1 salmon fillet, approximately 1-1.1 kg (fresh or thawed if frozen)
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Prepare the Salmon
- If your salmon is frozen, make sure to transfer it from the freezer to the refrigerator 24 hours before you plan to cook it.
- 20 minutes before you begin preparing the salmon, take it out of the fridge to bring it to room temperature.
- Preheat the Oven
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius (392 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Prepare the Baking Dish
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper to prevent sticking and make cleanup easier.
- Prep the Salmon
- Unwrap the salmon fillet and place it on the prepared baking paper.
- Pat the salmon fillet dry with paper towels to remove any excess moisture.
- Check for pin bones, and if you find any, carefully remove them using tweezers.
- Season the Salmon
- Drizzle the salmon fillet with cooking oil, ensuring it is well-coated.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the thinly sliced lemon on top of the salmon for a delightful citrus flavour.
- Bake the Salmon
- Carefully transfer the seasoned salmon fillet to the prepared baking dish.
- Place the baking dish in the preheated oven.
- Cook to Perfection
- Bake the salmon for approximately 18 minutes or until the internal temperature of the thickest part of the salmon reaches around 48 degrees Celsius (118 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Rest the Salmon
- Remove the salmon from the oven and allow it to rest for a few minutes. This step ensures a juicy and tender result.
- Serve with Lemon
- Before serving, remove the lemon slices and cut them into smaller pieces.
- Plate the salmon, garnish with the sliced lemon, and savour your perfectly baked lemon-infused salmon.
- This simple and delicious lemon-baked salmon recipe is a quick and elegant choice for a delightful meal. You can pair it with your favourite side dishes or customize it with your preferred marinade or coating for a complete and satisfying dinner.
- Adjust the cooking time by around +/–5 minutes per 300g to suit a different weight of the side of salmon.
- Add 5 minutes to the cooking time if you're cooking 2 sides of salmon in one tray.