Preparation Time: 20 minutes (plus thawing time if using frozen lamb)
Cooking Time: 50-55 minutes
1 Boneless Rolled Leg of Lamb (1kg, fresh or thawed if frozen)
4 Tablespoons of Cooking Oil
Salt and Pepper to Taste
4 Cloves of Garlic
2 Stalks of Fresh Rosemary
Prepare the Lamb:
If your lamb is frozen, be sure to transfer it from the freezer to the refrigerator 48 hours before you plan to cook. 20 minutes before you begin preparing the lamb, take it out of the fridge to bring it to room temperature.
1) Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2) Prepare & Marinate the lamb: Mince the garlic and finely chop the rosemary leaves.
3) Pour the oil on the lamb and coat it evenly, season with salt and pepper, and then rub the garlic and rosemary all over the lamb.
4) Prepare the Vegetables: Quarter the carrots lengthwise and cut the other vegetables into approximately 1.5-inch pieces. Arrange them in a baking pan.
5) Drizzle the vegetables with a bit of cooking oil and season them to your liking.
6) Roasting: Place the lamb onto the vegetables and transfer the pan into the preheated oven and roast for approximately 50-55 minutes or until the lamb's internal temperature reaches approximately 50-52 degrees Celsius (for medium).
As the lamb rests, it will continue cooking and reach the desired doneness. Here are the internal temperature ranges to remove the lamb for different levels of doneness:
Medium Rare: 46-48°C
Medium Well: 54-56°C
7) Rest and Serve: Once the lamb is done, remove it from the oven and let it rest. If the vegetables need more time, leave the pan in the oven.
8) Slicing: Gently remove the netting to preserve the seasoning, then slice the cooked lamb. Serve it alongside the roasted vegetables when they're ready.
After removing the vegetables, you can deglaze the pan on the stove with some stock, then add flour, season to taste, and mix to create a flavorful gravy for that extra touch of deliciousness.