1) Begin by preheating your oven to 170°C (or 150°C for fan-forced ovens). Prepare a large baking dish by lining it with parchment paper.
2) Using a small knife, delicately remove the skin from your ham.
3) Score the fat at 2cm intervals, creating a diamond pattern.
4) Pour 1 cup of water into the baking dish. Slide it into the oven for 20 minutes, allowing the fat to gradually warm through.
5) In a medium-sized pot, gently heat the glaze until it reaches a low simmer, then remove it from the heat.
6) Insert a whole clove into the center of each diamond.
7) It's time to start adding that irresistible glaze to your ham. Begin by applying half of the glaze and returning the ham to the oven.
8) Every 20-30 minutes, reapply more glaze, repeating this process 2-3 times, until your ham achieves a glorious golden and sticky finish.
9) When reheating ham, you can expect it to take approximately 35 minutes per kilogram, or until the internal temperature reaches around 57 degrees Celsius as indicated by a thermometer.
10) Rest before carving.
Click here for carving ham guide