Gooralie Australian Free Range Pork Loin Rolled Skin on Roast [Weight Options Available]
A boneless, scored Free Range rolled pork loin, perfect for roasting!
Situated in the heart of Queensland's fertile Darling Down's, Gooralie is a long established, family owned and operated farm.
Ethically raised, free ranging pigs consistently deliver the highest quality pork and are renowned for superior taste, tenderness and flavour.
APIQ Certified Free Range
Animal Welfare focused, adhering to the Five Freedoms
A single-site, family operated farm
Cooking Guide For Roast Pork
1) Remove your roast from the packaging and pat dry with paper towel. With a small sharp knife, deeply score the rind at 1cm intervals, being careful to not cut into the meat (if not scored). If time allows, leave the scored roast uncovered in the fridge for 1 hour, or ideally overnight. This process further dries the rind and aids the crackling process.
2) When you’re ready to cook, put your pork on a wire rack in the sink and pour a jug of boiling water over the rind. Pat dry thoroughly with paper towel.
3) Rub the roast with 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil and half a tablespoon of salt (more if you like salty crackling), making sure the oil and salt penetrate the scores.
4) Place the roast on a wire rack inside a baking tray and cook at 240°C (max 250°C conventional) until the rind crackles, up to 50 minutes. If the roast is over 2kg, take 10 minutes off this initial crackling time.
5) Turn the oven down to 180°C and cook for 30-35 minutes per kg, depending on how well you like your roast cooked.
6) Once cooked, let the roast rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
Note: One of the most important things to remember, is to get the rind as dry as possible before the cooking process to achieve great crackling, getting the oven temperature correct is also critical. We recommend the use of an “oven thermometer” to verify that the stated oven temperature is accurate.
For Roasts without crackling:
1) Preheat oven to 180°C
2) Gently sear roast in a hot pan
3) Place in oven and cook for 45 minutes per kg to finish
4) Rest for 5-10 minutes and enjoy!
What size roast should you choose?
Use this as a guide to help you select your roast.
Boneless roast - Generally 1.5-2kg feeds about 6 people
Bone in roast - Generally 3.5-4kg feeds about 10 people